Work Zone Accident Lawyers
West Palm Beach and Palm Beach County
The personal injury attorneys
at the West Palm Beach law firm of Murray & Guari have been achieving exceptional results for Florida work zone and construction zone accident victims for more than 20 years.
One of the biggest frustrations for drivers is road construction. This often means slow moving traffic, change in lane patterns, potential visibility problems, and construction vehicles along the roadway – all of which can lead to accidents.
Work Zone activity is increasing. Many of our highways are aging and need repairs. Each year, an average of 23,745 miles of roadway had federal aid roadway improvement project underway, between 1997-2001. This will continue to increase as our population continues to grow and more vehicles are traveling on our roadways.
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Fatality Analysis Reporting System, and General Estimates System:
- Over the last five years, the number of persons killed in motor vehicle crashes in work zones has risen from 872 in 1999 to 1,028 in 2003 (an average of 1,020 fatalities a year).
- Eighty-five percent of those killed in a work zone are drivers or occupants.
- On average from 1999 to 2003 about 15 percent of the fatalities resulting from crashes in work zones were non-motorists (pedestrians and bicyclists).
- More than 40,000 people are injured each year as a result of motor vehicle crashes in work zones.
- Of the 1,028 work zone fatalities in 2003, 230 occurred in crashes involving large trucks.
Accidents in work zones can occur because of various factors including:
- Construction zone areas that are unclearly marked
- Failure to provide proper personnel to control traffic in work zone areas
- Improper placement of barricades, signs, and other traffic control devices
- Drivers who are unsure of construction zone traffic control directions
If you or a loved one has been involved in a work zone accident and would like to learn more about your legal rights, please contact us here
.West Palm Beach, Florida Personal Injury Law Firm serving: West Palm Beach • Palm Beach Gardens • Jupiter • Juno Beach • Royal Palm Beach • Wellington • Lake Worth • Lantana • Boynton Beach • Delray Beach • Boca Raton • Hobe Sound • Stuart • Port St. Lucie • Palm Beach County • Treasure Coast • Broward County • Martin County • Miami-Dade County