Scott C. Murray
West Palm Beach, Florida
Phone: (561) 366-9099
Fax: (561) 366-9098
Scott C. Murray is a dedicated attorney, representing clients who have suffered injury due to the negligence of others. He pursues justice in the areas of personal injury and wrongful death matters involving auto accidents, automotive product liability and premises liability.
Scott is AV-rated from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review. According Martindale-Hubbel, the rating indicates the highest level of skill, integrity and professional standards of conduct. He is also included in Martindale-Hubbell's
Bar of Preeminent Lawyers. In addition he is rated "Excellent" by AVVO.
A native of Palm Beach County (fourth generation), Scott graduated from Cardinal Newman High School in 1984; earned his undergraduate degree from Georgetown University in 1988; and earned his law degree from from the University of Florida in 1992. He also studied law at the University of Leiden in The Netherlands in 1990.
Since beginning his law career in 1992, Scott has been actively involved in the leadership of the Palm Beach County Bar Association, first rising through the ranks of the Young Lawyers' Division and as a long standing member of the Board of Directors for the Association. He also devotes his time to the Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach as a member of its Board of Directors. He is also a member of The Florida Bar, American Association for Justice, Florida Justice Association and Southern Trial Lawyers Association. Scott is a volunteer instructor for the Justice Teaching program, created by the Justices of the Florida Supreme Court, which is designed to bring civics to middle school students.
Scott has published articles in legal publications and has also lectured before numerous professional legal associations across Florida in the area of insurance bad faith, uninsured motorist coverage, consumer protection issues, motion in limine, cross-examination of expert witnesses and subrogation in personal injury and wrongful death claims.
Scott is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts of Florida.
Areas of Practice: Bar Admissions:
- Florida, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1994
- U.S. District Court, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida, 2005
B.S., B.A, Cum LaudePublished Works:
- Co-Author: "Sport Utility Vehicles, Vans and Pickups: Orphans of Auto Safety", Trial Magazine, November 1994
Classes / Seminars Taught
Honors and Awards:
- "Motions in Limine vs. Objections During Trial, Daubert vs. Frey: State & Federal Cases in Florida", Lorman Education Services - Real Evidence for the Trial Practitioner, West Palm Beach, Florida, November 7, 2003
- "Underinsured Motorist Insurance (UIM) (a) Insurance Company Obligations (b)Coverage of Persons, Vehicles and Injuries (c) Exclusions (d) Statute of Limitations", National Business Institute - Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Law in Florida, West Palm Beach, Florida, November 18, 2003
- "Insurance 3rd Party Coverage", National Business Institute, May 8, 2003
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Martindale-Hubbell's Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Florida Trend Magazine's Legal Elite
- American Bar Association - Member
- American Association for Justice - Member
- Florida Justice Association - Member
- Georgetown University Club of Palm Beach - President
- Guild of Catholic Lawyers - Member
- Indian River County Bar Association - Member
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach - Board of Directors
- Martin County Bar Association - Member
- National Crime Victim Bar Association - Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association - Member
- Past Board of Directors
- Past President of Young Lawyers Section
- Past Chair Personal Injury / Wrongful Death CLE
Community Associations & Memberships:
- Southern Trial Lawyer Association - Member
- The Florida Bar - Member
West Palm Beach, Florida Personal Injury Law Firm serving: West Palm Beach • Palm Beach Gardens • Jupiter • Juno Beach • Royal Palm Beach • Wellington • Lake Worth • Lantana • Boynton Beach • Delray Beach • Boca Raton • Hobe Sound • Stuart • Port St. Lucie • Palm Beach County • Treasure Coast • Broward County • Martin County • Miami-Dade County
- Historical Society of Palm Beach County - Member
- Norton Museum of Art - Young Friends
- South Florida Science Museum - Young Friends
- Rosarian Academy - Development Committee
- Justice Teaching Program - Volunteer Instructor